Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 2

Well, today was a little different than yesterday. I woke at 6am and took a 5mg Adderall pill and went back to bed to just lay and watch the news before starting the day. I somehow drifted back to sleep for about an hour and woke up feeling refreshed and ready to start my day. I ran to Dunkin Donuts for an extra large coffee to jumpstart my body which I always do, not thinking I had already took a stimulant an hour before. Ok, coffee down and feeling very awake, maybe a bit too awake. I had the feeling of a caffeine overload which is pretty uncomfortable but not horrible.

 My plan was to do yardwork out behind the garage clearing brush and fixing the fence so the dog cannot escape anymore and roll around in the neighbors female dog fesces! So everything going good, lots of energy, clear mind, no anxiety once I got started and very focused on my work. Around 10am I decided to take my 2nd dose of 5mg. forgetting I was gonna try the day with just one dose to see how it would affect my progress. So I am back working harder than I have worked in years, just very focused on being very thorough with every part of the brush clearing and fence fixing. I was so focused I did not think to eat any food or drink anything, big mistake and I know better than that as I was sweating very much for hours. Come around 2pm I start feeling lightheaded but kept going for about 15 more minutes until my lightheadedness started to get worse and I started having a faint feeling coming over me. I started walking towards the house because I got scared I would faint and nobody would know. I made it to the house and kinda stumbled through the door shedding clothing as I headed for the shower to run cold water over my body thinking I was overheating. I made it upstairs and decided to use my home blood pressure testing machine because I thought maybe because I have lost weight and quit drinking and smoking 3 months ago that the medicines I take were not needed anymore, thats a thought I have been having a few weeks now. I take my bp and its 90/49!!! And my pulse is 110 beats per minute! That freaked me out so I hit the shower and ran ice cold water on my body to cool it down for about 10 minutes. I then layed down for a few and rechecked bp and this time it had gone up a bit to 100/60 and pulse 87 bpm. I was still feeling faint but felt a little better. After about half hour I rechecked after slugging 3 water bottles and eating handful of peanuts and it went up to 120/70 and pulse was around 70 bpm. I felt better finally but not great. After about another hour I felt well enough to drive so got my powerball tickets and came home.

Its now almost 7pm and I still have not eaten, I have no appetite whatsoever but will make something now because I know thats very unhealthy. So I am not sure how to rate today, the early part of the day was fine, I worked very hard and enjoyed it while being very interested in my job and progress was inspiring. I just got carried away and worked too hard, maybe it was the coffee and/or 2nd dose of Adderall. Tomorrow I will try taking only one 5mg of Adderal and have 1 medium size coffee and go from there. I am quite sure my body will be sore from today so I know I wont be overexerting myself physically. I think I will try some mind activities of some sort and make sure I get food in me but will pay attention to my appetite or lack of appetite. I only slept about 6 hours last night, went to bed late and woke up early which is a change for me. Tonight I will retire around 9 or 10pm and hopefully fall asleep by 11pm. I will start posting on my sleep patterns beginning tomorrow. Its been 10 hours since my last dose of Adderall and I still feel pretty focused, alert and not sleepy and as mentioned not very hungry either. I am pleased so far besides overexerting and not drinking enough fluids or eating causing the low blood pressure situation. Will post again tomorrow around same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment