Thursday, May 30, 2013

2 Week Update

Everything is going great! Same results day after day on two 5mg. pills twice daily. Sleep is excellent, anxiety is non-existent, no depression, no panic/anxiety attacks, mind does not really race anymore except a little bit in evenings before bed, days do not drag on by very slowly, self esteem and confidence levels getting much better, ability to step out of comfort zone without worry, able to stay focused for almost entire day, no anger or irritable moods, losing weight(which is a healthy aspect for me) and so much more positive changes since starting Adderall treatment for ADD.

 Ok, now the few negative things I must add to this blog. I will begin with my skin problem, ACNE!! Yup, I am getting acne now and from what I gathered online it is common but has many factors including touching face more often, drinking less frequently and lower quantities, not eating a well balanced diet due to no appetite, and some other theories of how amphetamines work in the body and the effects they have but they are very controversial so I will not pay much attention to them. From what I read one must take better care of skin using moisturizers and/or acne cream and avoid touching face as much as possible. My face is absolutely drier than before starting Adderall. Other negatives would include no appetite or thirst so its very important to remind self to drink lots of water and eat regularly, do not skip meals!!! When the Adderall wears off for me between 5-8pm I do notice loss of that clear focus and my mindset changes a bit but NOT even close to what it was before starting medicine. And when I do get hungry in the evening I can eat alot because I have not trained myself yet on eating healthy and frequently, dont expect it to come naturally or you will find yourself not eating a thing all day long. I will be buying water by the gallon now and refilling water bottles since I am drinking about 5-8 bottles a day because our tap water here is horrible to drink without filtering first and gallon jugs are only about one dollar around here(cheaper than personal size bottles!). Lastly, the only other drawback is price, I pay about 40 dollars for a month supply since my insurance is crappy but in my opinion well worth every penny! I will be looking for ways to buy at cheaper price such as Costco or Walmart but will NOT buy at one of those online pharmacies that advertise everywhere, thats just my personal opinion though.

 Overall this medicine is making me enjoy life again and be very productive. I also got that job I was going for and that will make life better in many ways from money issues to keeping active and having structure in my life. If it wasn't for this therapist that discovered my ADD which had been always diagnosed anxiety/depression I would never have gotten this opportunity to try Adderall for treatment. Initially I sought therapy to help me find reason why I was self medicating with alcohol which led to ADD discovery. I am disappointed in my other Dr.s' over the years that failed to recognize it but cannot blame them because they are not specialized in mental health. I was told by my general Dr. to seek help at psychiatrist last year but never pursued it because I was comfortable with just drinking away my unhappiness and anxiety but in reality was making my life and condition far worse. I suggest those who drink too much to get into some kind of program to get started on becoming sober, I used AA but in a non-traditional way as I did not do the 12 steps but used the meetings as therapy througout the fellowship which was of great help along with a therapist. Life is good right now, I now enjoy waking up and starting my day and can properly handle everyday problems without stressing/overreacting to the situations. I will periodically update this blog when I feel the time is right, until then I wish the best for anybody suffering from ADD and those who have it and are not diagnosed correctly yet.

Thanks,
Ghostwriter

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great updates- it was incredibly helpful for someone who was just diagnosed and is also looking for the lowest dose/most effective combo.
    Also, congratulations on your good health and success! :)

    ReplyDelete